The ledger

Developer
Oct 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Sorry if my knowledge is not rearched. That is the database, the ledger. I see that there are two tables related to the ledger, the transactions.transaction_mater and the transactions.transaction_details. when to check balance of an account, server scan all record of the table to give the answer. For example:

Select sum(cashinhand) as cash
from transactions.transaction_details
where tran_type ="Cr"

if we have a few records, the server runs perpectly, but when we have a lot record, the server will run slowly. right?
If anyone don't mind, please let me know. I searched the docs related to the ledger but i did not see it.
best regards.
Oct 27, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Hi,

Sorry for not being able to reach out to you soon enough.

I seem to understand your question. but in order to be able to give you a better response, I will need to have our software architects address your concerns. So, I would request you to copy, paste this query of yours on to our forum, which is the centralized place for all our discussion here.

This will help us to avoid scattering of discussions all over the places and will again in turn help us to maintain a resource of information that can be referred and accessed by others having same or related issues at a later time through our forum.

Thanks

Regards
Nabin.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM
The discussion can be followed here:

http://mixerp.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=182